Thursday, November 1, 2007

Who knew Fall Out Boy could make me cry?!

I don't really have time to blog these days; there is so much going on in this season of life: work, graduate school (round two), Craig's work, Craig's graduate school, and our church community (which is the necessary glue that holds it all together!). Strangely enough, I did set aside some time this morning to watch this Fall Out Boy video that was forwarded to me by one of my former high school students.

I'll be the first to admit, I am not a Fall Out Boy fan, and I am probably way too old to know what's going on in their little Fall out Boy world, but this video really, really touched me. While the rebel wars have subsided in Northern Uganda, the devastation in this war-torn land is still prevalent. The Acholi people, the tribe who occupies most of Northern Uganda, are a broken and hurting people, and they long for healing and restoration. Sometimes, when I think about the plight of the Acholi people, it is easy for me to forget that we too are a broken and hurting people, and we too are in need of healing and restoration. We all need Jesus.